UIUC Research Park
- Date: July 24, 2019
- Time:: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Venue: UIUC EnterpriseWorks Room 130
- Please find the slides at: https://socialmediaie.github.io/tutorials/UIUC2019/Tutorial-Slides-UIUC-Research-Park-24_07_2019.pdf
- Contact: Shubhanshu Mishra at https://twitter.com/TheShubhanshu
This will be a 3-hours long tutorial session using Python based, open source tools. The tutorial will be structured as follows:
Introduction (15 mins)
Familiarize participants with various IE tasks for tweets, e.g.:
- Sequence tagging : named entity detection and classification, part of speech tagging, chunking, and super-sense tagging.
- Text classification : sentiment prediction, sarcasm detection, and abusive content detection.
Applications of information extraction (15 mins)
- Query-based search on text corpora.
- Visualizing temporal trends in information.
Responsible and compliant data use of tweets (15 mins)
- Overview on available annotated tweet datasets.
- Clarify on terms of service, regulations such as privacy policies, and norms for working with tweets.
Break (15 mins)
Hands on session (1 hr. 30 mins)
- Setup Google colaboratory and install required dependencies (takes 15 mins) -https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1YHMyGsnzUjTQ2GcRomGY5SD5eVPA1siR
Collecting and sharing samples of tweet data, with focus on following Twitter's terms of service and additional community norms.Covered in slides. Efficiently annotating classification data using active human-in-the-loop learning.
- Using TwitterNER for feature based high accuracy named entity recognition for Tweets - https://colab.research.google.com/drive/13u3Ox6UX0C4eeySPy61ciVcEVf7a86qU
- Using Multi-task learning for sequence tagging - https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1YhFsbVeSuXHHhtgKn5GFczj1FOTE44lT
- Using Multi-task learning for text classification - https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1pkE-GCKecWnzl5VygaZUCmneyNQuf2wr
Visualize extracted information and tweets using temporal network visualizations.Covered in slides. See: https://shubhanshu.com/social-comm-temporal-graph/
NOTE: Access to SocialMediaIE library used for Multi-task learning was provided privately to the tutorial participants. We plan to release it as an open source library in coming months. You can check the status at: https://socialmediaie.github.io/
Conclusion (15 mins)
Resources to follow up and questions from participants.